Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

What to do after a deployment?



What do you do when you haven't seen your spouse for a while because of deployment separation?  Go to Disney World?  Nahhhhhhh....Disney is great for a family vacation, but I had a different plan in mind.  I went looking for an affordable, relaxing, intimate getaway just for my spouse and I that was relatively close to home - I didn't want my teenage daughter to worry about her parents being far away.  With the help of my favorite travel agent, I found just the place.


Nestled in the rolling hills of the central portion of North Carolina, the Fearrington House Inn met all my post-deployment "pamper-me" criteria.  From the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom to the unexpectedly wonderful turn-down service with port wine and chocolates, the Fearrington staff really put together an amazing, romantic weekend that I will never forget.

The grounds reflected the history of the Fearrington farm, and the Tennessee Bandit "fainting" goats along with the Belted Galloway cows nearby added an air of country authenticity.  Gardens were literally everywhere, and even though I visited the area in winter, there was no lack for natural beauty.  My husband and I enjoyed long walks on the grounds when we weren't cuddling by the cozy fireplace in our room.

No matter what the length of separation due to deployment, it is important to have a time to wind-down and rediscover married life...I am just grateful that I found the perfect place to do that before getting back into the daily grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment